Hey, If You get ‘could not write value to printer EEPROM. Printer communication error‘ message when using WIC utility, We recomend You to check this possible reasons list.
This problem message means Your Epson printer can’t communicate with the computer. It may be caused by software and hardware reasons.
How to fix ‘could not write value to printer EEPROM. Printer communication error’ message when using WIC Reset
These are all possible reasons for this problem our customers ever informed us.
1. Please check if You have documents to print in the que. Delete all printer jobs.
2. Please be sure you have disabled Your antivirus and firewall software.
Or You can allow Your antivirus program to use WIC Reset on Your PC.
3. Please disable Epson Status Monitor Utility and other Epson utilities communicating by USB port.
4. Check if you have latest version of WIC Reset Tool – when run WIC – it checks if there is newest version.
5. You have not proper USB cable. Please try to change it.
Connect printer with proper USB cable – it must be thick and short. Long cables may not work perfectly.
Please change USB cable even if you use it for printing. For printing – you can use very simple and cheap cable, but for WIC Reset Utility Tool you have to use a quality USB cable.
6. Maybe You have docking station and printer is connected NOT directly to PC port.
Remove the docking station and I connect the printer directly to the PC or laptop.
7. Before reset, connect your printer and computer by USB Only, No WiFi or LAN connection will work.
8. If you have a lot of USB devices connected to the PC?
Please disconnect all USB devices except your printer. Disconnect all USB devices. Connect printer only.
9. Other programs can prevent to communicate your printer driver with OS.
Shut all USB utilities, printer utilities, Epson Status Monitor Utility and other programs that may use printer USB connection and may prevent to establish direct connection for WIC – PC.
10. Click on “Refresh detected printers list” button and check printer model You need to reset (if you have few printers connected).
After all – reboot PC and restart Your printer. Run WIC Reset.
– WIC.Support Team